Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Merry Christmas from The Ski Traveler



"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times; it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness; it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity; it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness; it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair; we had everything before us, we had nothing before us”
- A Tale of Two Cities - Charles Dickens


As I look back on year 2009, I'll remember a year that wasn't kind to me. The loss of a father, the end of a 37 year marriage, a loss of a job and now, facing the future alone is not something I look forward to. The prospect is daunting, the heartbreak is real and the missed opportunities are many. At the same time, I know I will remember many more of the good things that happened to me then the bad and take what is good and hold on to it. Two wonderful sons, their wives, a new baby grand-daughter, a caring brother, my health and all my good friends and acquaintances who are most thoughtful, kind and compassionate. Without their kindness and encouragement, I wouldn't be looking forward to 2010 as I am today. I thank them all, for it is their Christmas Spirit that has helped me and sustain me. I owe them all so much.

Merry Christmas to each and everyone.



P.S. - I do have a "Bucket List" of sorts. It started out to be just things in skiing that I wanted to write about but it now is a goal to not only to write about it but just do it.

Here is my 2010 News Years list:

1. The Lauberhorn Wengen, Switzerland (just to ski the course, not race)


2. The Hahnenkamm Kitzbuehl, Austria - (The place to be In Austria. The experience of being there)

3. L’Aiguille du Midi, Chamonix France - The legendary skiing area.

4. Sela Ronde, Italy - (This is fun and a challenge too)

5. Cortina D' Ampezzo (Every time I see the "Pink Panther", I enjoy watching David Niven skiing the beautiful Dolomite's.

6. HIgh Rustler Alta, Utah ( I'll check it out)

7. Inferno Race Murren, Switzerland The oldest ski race in the world. I could enter this

8. Palisades Squaw Valley, CA -- Huck a cliff with the "Kick Ass- Blasters"

9. Corbet’s Couloir Jackson Hole, Wyoming -Ski an elevator shaft? I don't know about this.

10.The Haute Route from Chamonix to Zermatt - This is a challenge and a dream




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments, thoughts and opinions about this blog.

Thanks for visiting The Ski Traveler.