Thursday, March 12, 2009

NY Governor Paterson Withdraws Tax Proposal on Ski Lift Tickets


Sometimes good things happen. I went to the SANY (Ski Areas of NY) website a few weeks ago to exercise my civic duty. I sent an email to every representative that had any say in stopping the tax on ski lift tickets. I must have spent 15 - 20 minutes emailing each representative, state senator and commissioner on the list. It was my mission to preserve the integrity and sanctity of my sport. Sometimes the democratic process works and in fact this time it did. (with help from the Federal Stimulus Bill). The power of the people, especially fired up and very passionate skiers should not be taken lightly. My hats off to Governor David Paterson for NOT seeking a tax on ski lift tickets. Now, I think we should encourage him to try the sport. There's always room for more.

It's time for some good spring skiing.

See you on the hill.
The Ski Traveler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments, thoughts and opinions about this blog.

Thanks for visiting The Ski Traveler.